Position: Marketing Executive
Location: Hybrid - Fitzrovia, London (2-3 days) + Home Working
Hours: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established, successful and dynamic travel business as a Marketing Executive. With ideally a 2-3 years’ experience in a generalist marketing role, the successful candidate will be part of a small but busy team responsible for managing the business’s day to day marketing output including content, brand and campaign requirements. The successful candidate will have exceptional copywriting skills, with other content creation skills a definite advantage. To thrive in the role, you will need to be adept to working in a fast-paced environment as well as being a self-learner and problem solver. Exceptional organisation skills aren’t just preferable, but essential!
- An articulate and competent writer, you will be responsible for writing copy across a wide range of marketing communications including both long form and shorter space constrained formats. This will include a variety of digital platforms, brochures, press adverts and more.
- With support from the Marketing Assistant, you will manage the company's day to day broadcast email marketing campaigns. With responsibility for copy writing and image selection, you will also co-ordinate feedback and implement amends from the product and marketing teams, as well as our key hotel, airline and tourist board partners.
- Working alongside our experienced Product team, you will have responsibility for maintaining and developing the content of our website, ensuring that copy is well written, imagery is visually appealing, and all content optimised for both search engines and visitors.
- With a keen interest in digital content and a flair for creativity, the Marketing Executive is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of an engaging content schedule across our multiple social media platforms. You will also contribute to our travel inspiration blog, The Edit. Experience with photo editing is essential, and video editing skills would be a strong advantage!
- Using your strong organisational and communication skills, a key part of the role will be liaising with our hotel, airline and tourist board partners in co-ordinating and delivering their presence in our regular marketing campaigns. You’ll support the Campaign & Partner Marketing Manager in pitching campaign proposals and negotiating bespoke marketing plans, through to executing the agreed activities and reporting back to partners.
- With a keen commercial eye, you will be responsible for ensuring that all our digital platforms meet the objectives of our live cross-channel marketing campaigns, ensuring that the visitor experience meets expectations and that our product is positioned to its best advantage.
This is a busy role, and this certainly isn’t an exhaustive list but covers some of the major day to day elements. A full job description will be shared with candidates selected for first stage interview.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent marketing qualification
- Have a minimum 3 years' experience in a marketing, copywriting or content specific position
- Possess excellent copy writing skills, a strong attention to detail and creative flair
- Have proven experience of working with social media
- CMS & ESP experience (DotDigital/DotMailer experience an advantage)
- Photo editing skills essential
- Video editing skills desirable
- Be able to demonstrate sound organisation skills and flexibility, and a capability to manage multiple work streams
- Have excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal)
- As well as good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ideally have experience of working in the travel industry but this is not essential
In addition to a competitive salary commensurate with experience, we offer a vibrant office environment in a central London location, 20 days annual leave and discounted holidays. Currently our team are working in the office up to 3 days a week with the remaining days working at home.
Send your CV and covering letter to CV@bestattravel.co.uk with the subject line "Marketing Executive application". The closing date for applications is 28th April 2023. First round interviews will be conducted online and take place w/b 1st May 2023.
Note: Due to high volumes of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.